Styling The Bump

4:57 PM


Welp, I’m pregnant! Yes, it took me by surprise as well. Of course we're excited, a bit nervous, and I’m very curious on how this little human is going to turn out! 

While I’m 6 months pregnant, things are changing fast. Number one, my body is changing so my wardrobe is going in a whirlwind now. Many of my work blouses are loose fit so I’ve been getting away with those. As far as my work pants, that has been a hassle! Anyone who knows me knows that I don’t like anything under my stomach! So, the thought of me having to button my pants UNDER my stomach irks me!  

I’m trying not to go overboard with purchasing maternity clothes, instead I’ve just been purchasing items that have mega stretch and buying items a size up. I don’t know how big I will be in my 8th and 9th month, but I do know that I don’t want to be left with a bunch of maternity clothes afterwards. 

What has worked for me so far…

Elastic wide leg pants- These have been my life saver for work. It gives me the comfort of pajamas without them actually looking like pajamas. 

Dresses- I love a good on all dress that stretches! Body conscious dresses have been great. It still makes me feel and look sexy even though my belly growing! 



Jumpsuits- These are my absolute favorite on the weekends! All mine stretches so I shouldn’t have any trouble. My go-to places for jumpsuits have been BCBGeneration, Versona, and New York and Company. 



Leggings- You can never go wrong with leggings! Pregnant or not this is as comfortable as it gets without walking out naked in public! Lol

Items that have not worked for me…

Pattern/ printed and striped tops. I don’t need anything more abstract to the upper half of my body. Printed oversize outerwear is better, it’s not so confined to your body and stretching out the print can make you look bigger. 

Button up tops. As the months pass by, I don’t want to have any gaps between the buttons. I’ll save all button up tops for later! I suggest if you want to keep wearing them, you do have the option to wear them open purchase one size larger. 

If you’re a mommy to be or already have children comment below or hit me up on Instagram @fyijoycelynn and let me know what has worked for you and what has not during your pregnancy wardrobe! 


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. A luxurious skincare day spa close to me
    designed to help you achieve beautiful, radiant skin. Offering a wide range of Skin treatments suitable for your skin, leaving it looking fresh and radiant

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook