Level Up & Put Yourself On

9:19 PM

Entrepreneurs and creatives are always on the hunt to find the next come up. Whether it’s having celebrity clients, working for the hottest publications, or trying to instantly go viral. What I’ve finally realize is that the energy you’re putting into begging someone to work with you, place that energy into your own business. Be your own come up! You’ve ever seen that inspiration quote that says “Be so good that they’ll come to you”? I believe this is true! Work your butt off so hard that they don’t have a chance but to recognize your hustle and your true talents or products!
Photographer @Kriswillphoto


Now ask yourself this, if your products, services, or website were to go viral tomorrow would you be ready? Do you have a system to make sure items are shipped out on time? Do you have a plan on how to properly set appointments so you won’t overbook yourself? Do you have contracts for that big gig you plan to score? Make sure that your business is on the same level of the clients or customer that you’re trying to pursue.  

I’m sharing this because this situation recently happened to me. I had the awesome opportunity to work with a very well known designer but i feel like the opportunity slipped right through my fingers because I was not prepared. Have your media kit together, portfolio, contracts, and make sure blog/websites are updated! Stay ready so you won't have to get ready!
                                             
That incident was such an eye opener to me because it taught me to not get too comfortable. I’m ready to level up so I’m currently working on the “cracks” I have and coming up with new strategies that will help me to get to where I’m trying to go.

That time will come again and I will be ready… Will you? .

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love that quote "I'm not looking for a come up, I'm building one" now that entrepreneurship inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook