FYI The Weekender: New Beginnings!

8:14 PM

  I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving break! It was so nice to have a mini vacation but now it’s time to gear up for Christmas!

So, I’m taking another step in my fashion adventure. Not only will I continue blogging but I am now a wardrobe stylist! It was only right! Lol. I can admit that my feelings about transitioning to styling other people were a bit shaky. Only because there are so many bloggers turned stylist, I was thinking “what do I have to offer that’s different from the rest”? Obviously there’s a reason why I get asked continually to go shopping, put together outfits for friends and coworker, and why I have a blog! Somebody is noticing!  I can, and will do this…I’m ready to take on this new journey.

For the start of this new journey I am interning for the well known stylist Kenya Mills from Dallas, TX. What an honor! I have been following this young lady’s work for a year, who would have known that we would cross paths, or even work together! She is great at what she does and I know I’m going to learn a lot from her. It didn’t hit me until this past weekend that someone else could have taken my spot! I am beyond grateful for this opportunity!

Kenya Dallas Texas Tom Ford
 

Below are a few pics of what’s been going on behind the scenes of some photo shoots. The Sunday before last I met the Cake Diva, Porsha. The girl is hilarious! Go like her facebook page Cake Diva and also check out her other page Cake Diaries. Her pictures were so gorgeous! You would have that these were her real wedding pictures! At the end of the shoot I had one  of her cupcake, and let’s just say that I know who’s making my b-day cake next year!







Last Sunday I assisted the photoshoot for inspirational speaker Cherise of Destiny Empowerment. What a sweetheart! You think that the unedited pictures are gorgeous; I can’t wait to see the final ones! Be sure to go like her Facebook page Destiny Empowerment Hour and follow her on Instagram @destinedgreatness_0503.


 

 
 
The photographer is D.Lacy. His work is phenomenal! I’ve been following his work this year also! When I get ready to revamp the blog next year I will definitely have him to do my picture!

It’s been a blessing to come across these individuals! I can’t wait to see what’s next ! Stay tuned!

 

JL

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook