FYI Style Story: Teaira Blount

9:24 PM

 It’s nice to come across individuals who share the same interest as you and are willing to share their story. Thanks to social media, we able to keep up with dream chasers and the up and coming. Teaira Blount is definitely a dream chaser! With the life of assisting celebrity fashion stylist J. Bolin and working for BET, this Atlanta native is on her way! Let’s see what Teaira has to say about her journey so far!




When did you decide that you want to be in the fashion industry?
I decided that I wanted to be in the fashion industry when I lost myself in the college classroom and found myself in the mall. I thought I wanted to be in school for Middle Grades Education, but that wasn't where my heart was. I would skip class and go study trends in the mall.

 What are some misconceptions people have about fashion stylist?
One main misconception people have about fashion styling is the life we live. People think we are close friends with celebrities. Not knowing that we are hired to do a JOB, a friendship may develop from a good work ethic. Other than that, it's not this lavish life.

 
 
 
 
What are some obstacles have you had to overcome in this industry?
An obstacle I've had to overcome is KEEPING BUSY. Our job ultimately depends on another person. If no one needs styling, we don't have a job. So I also work for BET (:

What are some of your favorite brands or designers?

My favorite brands and designers include ZARA, Micheal Costello, Nicci Hou, and H&M.

 What’s one fashion trend that you would like to see disappear and why?
One fashion trend I would love to eliminate is CROP TOPS! They are super cute on SOME PEOPLE. But it's important to dress for your body and not for the trend. Just because crop tops are in, doesn't mean they're in for your body.




Who do you wish to work with in the future?
In the future, I would LOVE to work with Kerry Washington, KeKe Palmer, Bruno Mars and John Legend.
 
What’s next for Teaira?
There are quite a few things next for Teaira! I'm working on a clothing line, a reality show and few more things that I can't speak on just yet ((:


What’s your favorite fashion phrase or quote?
My favorite fashion phrase is "Why argue with someone when all you have to do is kill them when you get dressed"
 
 
I love Teaira’s style! It’s so effortless chic and versatile! Keep doing what you’re doing girl, you will go far! Good Luck!
Keep Up with Miss Teaira @...
Instagram @iamteaira
Twitter @itsteaira
Facebook Teaira O. Blount
 
 
 
JL

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi,
    I absolutely love Teaira and her work. Recently been in contact with her, she is even better talking one on one. Glad you interviewed her.

    Brian D.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook