FYI Wardrobe Debate

9:04 PM

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! Today’s post is a discussion I had with my coworkers about dressing age appropriate. For my “day job”, I work in a public setting, so we see all types of people. There was a lady who had come into our office who had to be in her late 50’s with some shorts and a tank top that showed some cleavage, bleached blonde hair, and she was almost as tanned as our President Agent Orange. But to say the least she didn’t look bad for her age!


Two of my coworkers thought that someone her age shouldn’t be wearing anything like that. While my other coworker and myself thought that as long as your body still looks decent, it doesn’t matter what you wear! BUT there is a time and place for certain outfits!


These 40 and 50-year-old women are giving us 20 and 30-year-old women a run for our money! If you’re keeping up with the style blogs and influencers you’ll see that age is not reflecting their style! To be honest, I’ve seen older women pull off crop tops better than teenagers! LOL
Wardrobe for teenagers is a different discussion. Only because so many different factors can take place if a child is dressed appropriately. You’ll have to take into consideration on how they’re being raised and their demographic.


A well-known teen that get a lot of backlash because of how she dresses in Skai Jackson. Believe it or not, this young lady is 15. I think because she looks so much younger than what she is everyone always attacks her for her makeup and the way she dresses.






A lot of times fashion is contradicting, we say develop your own style and preach about individuality but then judge people for not looking like you and being outside the box.  With that being said I do believe that you can be over 40, 50 and 60 and dress how you want. Dressing in crop tops, fitted skirts, and low cut tops can be done in good taste. And as long as there are Spanx, anything is possible! Lol Check out my examples below!


Marjorie Harvey, 51


Vanessa Bell-Calloway, 60


Iris Apfel, 95




Slay at any age, or do you feel like women should dress more conservative because of their age? What are your thoughts on women over 40 wardrobe?


*Remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion!*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook