FYI Summer Playlist

9:54 AM


Besides fashion, I have a deep love for music. A secret of mine is that I wanted to be a music producer. LOL No lie! This was like early 2000’s when the Neptunes and Timbaland were getting noticed majorly for their beats behind the tracks!


Anyway, I’m definitely feeling the music that's been this summer! Below you can check out my list of summer favorites.

No bandwagon fan here! I’ve been on SZA since Babylon. I’m glad to see she finally came out with an album (Ctrl)! New singles, “The Weekend”, “Broken Clocks”, and “Love Galore” are fan favorites!  I can’t wait to see her on tour!



Shout out to my bestie for putting me on the music artist H.E.R! I like the mystery of not knowing what she looks like, it makes us focus more on her artistry. I think she’s on a mission to bring real R&B back! Check out both of H.E.R EPs Vol I &Vol 2!



I’m convinced that Cardi B’s “Bodak Yellow” is the new school version of Crime Mobs “Knuck if you buck”! Seriously, when that song comes on females metaphor into the ultimate trap queen! LOL


I enjoy seeing Cardi B making to the top right in front of our eyes! She’s like that cousin or classmate that made it, and you’ve been there watching the whole journey! Congratulations to her single Bodak Yellow making it to Top 10 on Billboard!  

From dropping a new album to getting engaged, LeToya Luckett is having a good year!  Her new album Back 2 Life gives me an early 2000’s R&B feeling! I really enjoy her music videos for this album that she's made into a mini series. You can check it out now on YouTube!



Below is a continued list of what I’m listening to. Let me tell you, if I’m driving out of town it’s a full blown concert!

DJ Khalid - Wild Thoughts ft Rihanna & Bryson Tiller
Kendrick Lamar - Loyalty ft. Rihanna
Post Malone- Congratulations ft. Quavo
2 Chainz - It’s a Vibe ft. Ty Dolla $ign, Trey Songz, and Jhene Aiko
Yo Gotti- Rake It Up ft. Nicki Minaj
French Montana- Unforgettable ft. Swae Lee


What’s on your summer playlist?! Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram at @fyijoycelynn!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've been playing SZA's album at least once a day every day since it dropped lol. Pretty Girls Like Trap Music is another album I've had on repeat this summer. #blmgirls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes SZA album is a future classic! I love 2 Chainz so I'm surprised I haven't listened to the whole album yet! Will definitely do that soon!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook