Beauty Tingz

10:42 PM

Hey everyone! It’s been a long minute since we’ve done a beauty post. Here's an update on what's on my bathroom counter, off in my purse, and makeup bag. 

1. I have a love, hate relationship with foundation. I can never really find one that I actually like. For the winter and spring, I settled on the NARS Luminous Lightweight Foundation. It was great during the winter season because it gave me more of a glow dewy look. Now that we're heading back to the summertime I can revert back to my MAC studio fix. 

2. This oldie but goodie eye makeup remover from Mary Kay is awesome. Not only is it great removing a smokey eye but it makes taking my false eyelashes a breeze! You can get this from your favorite Independent Mary Kay consultant.

3. In October it will be a year since I’ve had a relaxer. I also don't straighten my hair often, and I’ve been keeping protective hairstyles like braids and wigs. While I've been on this semi-natural hair journey, I enjoy using the Wild Hair Growth Oil. I've seen about 3 1/2 inches of growth since I've started using it in November. I've also been told to use it with Black Castor Oil to see faster results in hair growth. 

4. I randomly purchased this Shea Moisture Shea butter face scrub from Marshall’s for only $4! The best $4 ever spent! This scrub is great for the photo shoot days trying to get all of that makeup off.

 5. The older I get the more I realize how important it is to have a good moisturizer. I learned about this Neutrogena face lotion from blackdoctor.org and stylist Olori Swank book The Swank Life. Olori has great skin so I went to Wal-Mart to scoop it right up!  Remember, a little goes a long way!



6. This travel size Gucci Guilty is my favorite scent right now. (Note: I like the men’s Gucci Guilty even better!) 

7. So to fill in my eyebrows I don’t use a normal eyebrow pencil or powder. I use this .93 cents Wet & Wild kohl eyeliner pencil that my makeup artist Keri put me on back in 2015. You’re welcome!

8. This Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb is my favorite lip gloss right now. The natural color and shine are amazing! I love that it doesn’t make my lip peel and the applicator is awesome for coverage of people with large lips (like myself). 

9. I hope these Real Technique sponges are giving Beauty Blenders a run for their money! They are softer and it does a great job of applying foundation and concealer without paying the Beauty Blender price. These are available at Walmart or your local drug stores. 

Have you tried any of these products? Share your thoughts in the comment section below or on Instagram @fyijoycelynn! 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook