FYI x BET Awards

4:08 PM

Yep, that’s right! This Texas girl made her way back to Cali! If you’ve followed me this past weekend you know I was Los Angeles attending the BET Experience and the award show!




It was definitely a family affair, there were activities to do for the whole family! You had the celebrity basketball game, fashion shows, vendors, food trucks, and of course music!





  I really enjoyed Genius Talk with guests Issa Rae from the HBO hit show Insecure and the legendary music group New Edition. This segment was to shine a light on how they’ve overcome obstacles and how they’ve maintained their success.





For those who are interested attending, the BET Experience was free! The only thing you have to do is get your wristbands with the BET Experience App and activate them before you attend!

What were your favorite red carpet looks?! We have Cardi B slaying in this red Givenchy suit and Jimmy Cho shoes!



Letoya Luckett looked absolutely amazing is this floral gown with an extended train.


 Congratulations to Remy Ma for winning Best Female Rapper! Now don’t get me wrong I love me some Nicki Minaj, but it’s ok, there's enough room for ALL of the female rappers to win!






I LOVE Bruno Mars so being able to see him without paying his high ass ticket price was a win in my book! Lol



Congratulations for Chance the Rapper for being the youngest to ever receive a BET Humanitarian Award!


I’m a 90’s music fanatic so seeing Xscape and New Edition perform live was like my inner kid dream come true! It was also an unforgettable moment when BET’s New Edition Story cast came out to perform to everyone’s favorite NE song “If It Isn’t Love”! #EPIC




So I made my national television debut at the award show lol. Totally unexpected but worth all the shenanigans that I endured before the show!





At that moment sitting in the audience, Bryshere Gray from Empire sitting in front of me, Amber Rose sitting behind me, over to the left was Khalid, Jessie Smollett, and Remy Ma, I realized that the hard work that I’m pouring into my brand is paying off! I’m definitely not where I want to be but thinking where I’ve come from when I first started my blog, the transition has been nothing short of amazing!


Every person that has read a blog post, shared it, liked a post, you all encourage me to keep going. Thank you.



JL

Professional photos from BET.COM

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You rock lil sister!!! Keep up the hard work and your blessing will start pouring in. *Smooches*

    Your big sis*

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby girl...mommy is proud of you and what you have accomplished so far in life..keep your head up and remember who you are looking up to

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook