Underneath The Palm Tree

1:43 PM

Underneath the palm trees
You can leave your worries
Listen to the waves
So you wanna get so high?
Breathe me in like air tonight
Listen to the waves
I can be your fantasy
Alina yeah she sang to me... (repeat)



The name of this post is named Underneath the Palm Tree because I’m obsessed with a song called Palm Trees by Gold Link.  The song is about two years old but it was featured on HBO Insecure season 1 soundtrack. I’ll listen to this song while running, taking a shower, or reading and I’ll just visualize myself escaping to Los Angeles. Look what happened! I actually went to Los Angeles!




The dope part about going to California is that not only was I going to the BET Awards but that I got to shoot with a photographer by the name of Jana (pronounced Yana!) who traveled all the way from Australia.



Jana randomly found me on Instagram (yes hashtags do work). I believe that she thought I already lived in LA. (in progress), but we figured out that we were going to be in LA at the same time, we set a time and date and the rest was history!


Please check out her Instagram @Billieandpeaches and portfolio/blog at billieandpeaches.com!!

This shoot made me fall in love with my curves. No I’m not the size that I use to be, nor am I at my goal weight but I’m embracing what I have, yet trying to stay healthy.


So why Los Angeles? My goal is to work more on the production side of things like TV shows, short films, music videos, red carpets, and LA just seems like the place to be for the direction I’m wanting to go in.


I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard how hella expensive it is to live there! I believe them but I shouldn’t let that defer my decision of moving there. I always think about that Facebook video of Taraji P. Henson telling her story how she traveled to LA with her baby and a dream. I mean look her today! If she would have listened to all the nay sayers we wouldn’t be enjoying her beautiful talent today!







I’m just going to continue to network, work on my craft, and keep believing that my greater is coming! Have a good week everyone!

Outfit Details
Jean Jacket - Target
Crop Top- BCBG Max Azria
Pants- Dillard’s
Shoes- Cato’s

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook