A Different Kind of Artist

9:04 PM

Hi everyone!! Here is my first make-up artist feature! I give you the MaryKay Diva herself, Andre’a Jackson! Ms. Jackson (soon to be Mrs. Randle) personality is unlike anybody I’ve ever met! She is always excited about something and always has a smile on her face! With all that energy I just had to have her on my blog!

Name: Andre'a Jackson

From: Tyler, Tx
Years of experience: Over 15 years
Company: Mary Kay

Were you always a fan of make-up?
Always a fan! I would go and sneak and play in my mom’s make-up. I’m what you would have called a closet make-up freak!
When did you know that you wanted to become a make-up artist?
In 2005/2006 when I started MaryKay. I started wearing the products and I would always get compliments on my make-up.

Do you ever run across ladies you don’t know and want to correct their make-up?
All the time! I usually hand them a card and tell them they would be a good feature for my portfolio. Hey, FREE make over!! Lol
In your opinion, what is the most common mistake that ladies make when it comes to make-up?
The wrong foundation and too much foundation. Too many black/white women and Too many white/orange women! And “the mark of demarcation”, that line that you see where their make-up and hair line begins. Most women don’t know that they are supposed to blend their foundation into the hairline and the neck area.

What are 3 must have items that you feel should be in every make-up bag?
A good foundation, a slamming blush, and popping lip gloss!

If you had to pick a celebrity to be their make-up artist, who would you choose?
(Long pause…) Can’t choose because I think everyone is a celebrity in their own way! (Awwww!!)

What has been your biggest challenge?
Getting people to step outside their box in make-up and skin care because people are set in their ways. I usually win them over at the end of a MaryKay party or at the end of a consultation!

What has been a highlight in your career so far?
Making it to Top 10 in my MaryKay unit and being recognized in MaryKay worldwide magazine  Applause as a Double Gold Medalist.

But making a woman feel like she is important, that’s better than any medal.

Andre’a Jackson Motto: One appointment with me will change your face forever!! I’ll “beat your face to perfection”.

I’ll have to say that it is always a pleasure meeting up with Andre’a! If you are looking for a new Mary Kay lady, make-up inquires, weddings, and special events she is certainly the one to call on! Here is how to keep in contact…
Twitter- @marykaydiva_andrealj

Instagram- @msandrea1

JL

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Good morning,

    My Mary Kay career is a dream come true for me!!! I'm doing what I love to do, and that is to help, encourage, build self-esteem, motivate, and to enrich lives.
    I bless God for you even considering me. I am so humbled & honoured, this was such an awesome experience!! I wish you many blessings in your future career and endeavors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Thank you for letting me feature you! It is always a pleasure meeting up with you! You are are doing great and i wish you more success in your career!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaay!!! Now if I could link your blog to my Fb & Twitter, I will be even-the-more fantabulisticallygreat!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook