Living in the Moment

3:50 PM

I hope everyone was safe and enjoyed their July 4th! This blog post won’t be too much about fashion, just want to vent and share my thoughts real quick.

A couple weeks ago my family and I took a trip to California for unexpected death in the family. To be honest, I wasn’t sure if we were going to make the funeral. Due to money, finding plane tickets, finding a rental car, it seem like our chances were pretty slim. But God is always on time! After figuring some things out we realized that my sister has a brand new car, money was saved up, and some thoughtful family & friends pitched in, we were able to make our trip to California.



I know what you’re thinking. Who would want to drive to 20 hours to San Diego, California?! I’m so glad we did! This was the first time I’ve traveled with my family outside the state of Texas. The scenery was beautiful; the experience driving up the mountains was one to remember (sorry Licia lol), chilling at the beach for the first time, meeting family members you’ve only talked to through Facebook, and just spending quality time with everyone was so amazing!








In today’s society we’re always in such a rush, want things instantly, and I realized how important it was to just take a step back and take in where I am in the moment. Enjoy the journey because you’re not going to get that same moment in time again!

I made these cool gratitude rocks! Every time I look at them or hold them, not only will it remind me of my trip to Cali, I’ve placed positive words on them so they could be uplifting and put me in a better mood. Plus I love glitter. lol



Tomorrow is not promised, so take the time out to spend time with your loved ones, tell them you love them, make amends with people you’ve fell out with, meet new people, and don’t judge others because you don’t know their situation and what they’re going through behind closed doors.

This was just something that was on my heart. I hope that this encourages someone to start a new journey, or love life just a little more! 

Peace. Love. Blessings.



JL

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook